Career Opportunities are Many for Herbalists, Wellness Coaches, Alternative Health Diplomates, Nutritionists, Natural Health Consultants, Holistic and Naturopathic Practitioners
Today there is a high demand for Natural Health Consultants and Practitioners of all kinds because the world population has been leaning towards Natural Health Care.
Every year at least one half of Americans seek natural health in one way or another.
Career Opportunities and Employment are Available in such Places as:
1. Health Food Stores
2. Whole Food Markets
3. Vitamin retailers and wholesale companies
4 Health Clinics and Doctor’s offices
5. Wellness Centers and Spa
6. Health Clubs and Gyms
7. Weight Loss Centers
8. You can start your own natural health business or consultation service
9. Teaching position at a school or training center
10. Serving, teaching, or working for nonprofit organizations
11. Employed as a personal health coach
Click on our Resource Center for possible career opportunities
The Rise in Natural Health
- Almost one-third of American medical schools-among them Harvard, Yale, John’s Hopkins, and Georgetown Universities-now offer coursework in holistic methods.
- There are five homeopathic hospitals in the Great British National Service.
- One out of three drugs prescribed in Germany is an herb.
- The World Health Organization estimates that between 65 to 80 percent of the world’s population (about 3 billion people) rely on holistic medicine as their primary form of health care.
- The American Medical Association (AMA), in Resolution #514, “is encouraging its members to become better in-formed regarding holistic medicine and to participate in appropriate studies of it.
- Mutual of Omaha says it saves about $6.50 in covering non-standard (holistic) treatments.
- One out of every ten Americans is under the care of a chiropractor.
- 12 percent of Fortune 500 companies offer alternative medicine as part of their health care compensation packages.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) A nationwide government survey of more than 31,000 adults on their use of complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) showed that 36 percent of U.S. adults use some form of CAM.
- Worldwide, only 10 to 30 percent of people use traditional medicine, 70 to 90 percent use naturopathic and homeopathic health care.
- 74 percent of the American population desires a natural approach to health care.
- Of the one out of three Americans who say they have used natural techniques, 84 percent said they would use it again.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine has been chosen by the World Health Organization for worldwide propagation to meet the health care needs of the twenty-first century
- Americans make more visits to holistic health care providers (some 600 million a year) than to M.D.s